Saturday, October 18, 2008

The Basics

Because I don't have enough blogs to keep track of, I thought it would be a good idea to create another. Unlike most of my blogs, however, this one actually has a purpose. The Community Inquiry blog shall be a repository of information developed as I embark on my inquiry project as part of the Ozarks Writing Project's Advanced Institute.

My thoughts so far...

I have tentatively decided to investigate the Pleasant Hope High School community using ethnographic methods. While I have considered looking into the broader community (i.e., the entire district or the town itself), I think focusing on the building in which I work would allow me to not only get deeper than the others, but also would allow for more student involvement. What I need to seek next is to bring clarity to what I am trying to do so I can plan out how to begin more effectively.

No comments: